Update from Heather
Effective August 2016, Heather has closed her private counseling practice and moved to Hood River.
She is still available for speaking engagements, occasional consultations, and intermittent phone coaching.
Please contact her at:
firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on current services.
Additionally, she is still publishing an occasional newsletter with inspirational videos and messages. If you’d like to subscribe, click here.
Thanks for your interest in Transforming Diabetes, and I wish you all the best.
With Transforming Diabetes Counseling and Coaching services, I work with you to help you transform your diabetes so you can enjoy a happier, healthier life. I firmly believe that you can live a long and healthy life with well-controlled diabetes. Sometimes we all need a compassionate, experienced professional who “gets it” and can guide us through our pain and struggle, towards our best selves.
I help people with diabetes live healthy and active lives via evidence-based counseling and coaching techniques. Most often, we explore a mix of approaches, including cognitive-behavioral therapy, motivational interviewing, supportive reflections, humanistic healing, and individual problem-solving. I also employ a wellness coaching approach with a strengths-based emphasis on positive psychology, “trial and learning”, and mindfulness.
Fees and Payment
We can bill your insurance for covered counseling services. I am an in-network provider for:
- United Behavioral Health
- Regence BCBS
Co-pays and co-insurance are due at the session.
We can bill other insurance carriers out of network.
I accept cash, check, credit or debit at the time of service. For clients who choose to pay for services directly without billing insurance, I do offer a discount for full payment at each session.
Diabetes coaching services are available in individual sessions or packages, depending on client needs. Contact Heather directly for coaching pricing.
Diabetes Distress Survey (optional)
If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, Transforming Diabetes Counseling and Coaching can help:
- Do you have diabetes (any type!) and need to connect with someone who really understands what it is like?
- Do you feel confused about how to make sense of life with diabetes?
- Does stress keep you from caring for yourself the way you would like to?
- Are you burned out on diabetes? Not sure? Take the Diabetes Burnout survey
- Do you struggle to stay motivated?
- Do you wonder why its so hard to put into practice what you “know” you should do to take care of yourself?
- Have you lost hope that it is possible to live a healthy, happy life when you have diabetes?
- Have yo-yo weight loss and gain left you discouraged and hopeless about reaching a healthy size?
- Are you feeling overwhelmed, anxious, and/or depressed?
- Do you fear the complications of diabetes, and worry that – no matter what you do – you will not get your diabetes under control?
- Do you want to learn new ways of relating to your diabetes – and to other challenges in your life?